Bacon is everywhere today!
It used to be that bacon was reserved for breakfast time as a nice, salty sidekick to eggs and toast or eggs and hash browns.
In today’s world, if you want bacon on your ice cream, you’ve got it.
You want chocolate covered bacon? No problem!
Not only can you find bacon wherever you want in food, it’s made its way onto t-shirts, mugs, socks, and even (do I dare say) underwear!
Fairs all over America today offer bacon oddities. You can find everything from Bacon Cinnamon Roll Sundaes to Bacon Ice Cream Sandwiches to Bacon Funnel Cake.
No doubt, there is bacon mania in our world today! So much so that there is not just one day dedicated to bacon, but two! International Bacon Day is September 1, and in the United States, National Bacon Day is December 30.
I just couldn’t ignore this bacon obsession. My family and I decided to make our version of a bacon pizza. This isn’t just any ordinary bacon pizza. This bacon pizza is one that any bacon fanatic can’t resist.
This bacon pizza comes stacked with three types of bacon. Yes, count them. Not one, not two, but three types of delicious bacon are stacked on this amazing bacon pizza!
First, Italian style bacon, which is known as pancetta is placed on top of this scrumptious bacon pizza.
Next, perfectly sliced Canadian style bacon is spread over the top of the pizza.
Then, to make it even more tasty, it is topped off with slices of crispy American style bacon.
In order to compliment all that yummy bacon, creamy white cheese alfredo sauce is added to the pizza. However, you can use tomato sauce if that fits to your liking more. Check out my recipe for the Best No Cook Pizza Sauce.
All these flavors then meld together with delicious, melty mozzarella cheese.
So go ahead bacon lovers, unite and indulge your love for bacon with this unbelievably tasty bacon pizza and “bring home the bacon”!
Bacon Pizza For Bacon Lovers
- Yield: 1 Pizza
- Cuisine: Italian
- 8 oz. dough ball from Easiest Bread Machine Pizza Dough or Basic Pizza Dough Recipe
- 2 Tbsp. Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Alfredo Sauce OR No Cook Pizza Sauce (whichever sauce you prefer)
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices Canadian bacon, cooked
- 4 slices American bacon, cooked
- 1/4 cup Pancetta bacon, cooked
- Place pizza stone in cold oven.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Roll out dough evenly and form pizza crust from 8 oz. dough ball.
- Lightly brush on extra-virgin olive oil on the pizza crust.
- Spread sauce evenly around on the crust.
- Add mozzarella cheese.
- Place all varieties of bacon evenly around on the pizza.
- Cook pizza in oven for 8 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove pizza from oven.
You may want to use my special trick to transfer the pizza from your peel to stone with ease. You can read about that here.
Great information should always be shared! If you found this article helpful, please take a second and share it either on Pinterest or Facebook. Thanks!